thoughts

The articles here are all mine. I seek to be able to touch the deeper side of each one of us, the soul of what we are, the search of our emotional strengths, the pursuit of our emotions, the beating of our hearts. Alfie N.H.

Name:
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

A hopeless romantic gone stale, a cynic and a skeptic most often yet gullible sometimes. I cry easily and my heart heaves when I read something intense, like the 4 brothers who are all working as soldiers in Iraq. Must be because I have asthma. I have a book pending to be published. Awaiting for a good editor who would not think I wrote the book for him. I wanted to be a lawyer but had some detours on the road so I will have to see if I will finish that goal. I like dining with everything in place and matching each silverware and china. I love chocolates and I recently had an affair with someone special named BV. It will be a long one. Something about me... seeks to conform what needs to be confirmed... an afterthought of what was supposedly a wonderful dream.. a longing yet to be desired... a goal yet to be achieved.. in the land of confusion and mixed aboriginalities i am a gentle mortal soul, seeking peace in this hectic arena of life... i am an idle bard....

Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Moot Chance

A Moot Chance

In agony, in ecstasy, I writhe and wriggle, longing to see the shimmering side of you, once again like I had done before. In my waking hours, in my sleepless nights, you creep like a thief, sneaking into my senses, while I am unaware and I am left to wonder, whether you remember what we shared. The night we seemed to have found silence, in each other, a penchant and enchanting surrender to the smitten search of what we could not find and so seemed to have been searching for. But I am alone and you are as you made it seem, as I believed, as what you have told me. So maybe, in reality we both seek for each other, a knowing comfort that makes us both uncomfortable. Each day I try to grasp for little miracles, like your smile, or your voice- I am a child in puberty, infatuated, blossoming, blooming, yet old, wrinkled and fading.

When my thoughts wander and I surrender, I feel like I lost yet it feels good, what emotion is this, uncalled for, unnamed, unwanted, reeling, making me long, and long and long. For you are one stranger, of time, a stranger of mine. One day when we look at the stars maybe we will both recognize what we have missed.

Your eyes I remember, they seem to yearn to belong, in me as I feared I needed too. But that was a fairytale of long ago and they never come true. So maybe in time we will be able to find and hold on to something we can each call mine.

I didn’t falter, I was just being me, but you wanted the me who appears when I am closer to you. But things have a pace, and it’s not a race, so I slowed down and you went away. You were just astray and you found my way. A brief encounter, left me in banter, it was pure fiction, and became my addiction. So everyday, I seek for you to be astray, maybe once more, you will find my way and you will get lost in me, around me, for me, with me. But we are both the difference, the you being me and the me being you. Never in congruent with our thoughts, nor harmonious with our emotions, just a passing glance in the banal existence in everyday songs of strangers, still the stars keep falling and you will not hear, nor see, nor remember, neither look again. Because, I haven’t and I will not for fear of being someone you dislike. So once more on a cold night I will remember that night when it was chilly and I stared into your eyes like I belonged and you made me feel the comfort of being uncomfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

xtrastats free counter